Thursday, January 1, 2015

Here we go again!!

Every year millions of people decide to lose weight as their New Year's resolution... and yet those same people seem to make the same resolution year after year after year... and the number of obese and morbidly obese people continue to grow.  I know... because I am one of the ones who have made this a habit... and yet here I am again saying, "This time it will be different.!"


All that said.... I am NOT off to a very auspicious beginning.  I made some chili last... using beans and I ate them today... I used them in all three meals.  Then I filled out my food diary. I did pretty good on total caloric intake... but totally missed the mark on net carbs.  My daily goal: 20 grams of net carbs... mostly from foundation veggies... my total was close (NOT)... a mere 106 grams of net carbs... 86 grams over my goal.... grrrrr.

I have also committed to working out every single day... I am starting smartly at a measley 5 minutes total daily workout time... half walking around the neighborhood and half using my Gazelle machine.... but between watching the Rose Parade (both current and former) and doing alot of computer work today... the day has slipped away.... sooooo I will definitely have to start over tomorrow...



Like any addict, I must take each day on its own... so I will start tomorrow with a clean slate!I do believe this time will be different... I have a plan - ATKINS, I have people who will be doing this with me - CLOSE PERSONAL FRIENDS, and I have the knowledge that all things work together for the good of those who love God!

  Check back to see just how well I stick to it... and of course encouragement is ALWAYS welcome... Now click below and encourage away, lol. 

3 comments:

  1. It's a struggle that, at least for me, gets easier every day. I'm talking about avoiding weigh inducing carbohydrates...! I used to love sweets of any kind but now they tempt me no longer. I bought a box of See's Candies (Nuts and Chews) as a Xmas gift for my wife. They are sitting on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. I see them every time I open the door, but I have not the slightest interest to get into them. You can win this struggle...! Just hang in there...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the encouragement. It was your dedication and enthusiasm about Atkins that drew the attention and enthusiasm of Ron... who in turn shared that enthusiasm with me and Tom. Now we are taking this journey together. I avoid actual surgery treats, but I do use no carb sweeteners and enjoy some of the Atkins line of treats. It helps me out a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the years I continued to wean myself off almost all carbs. My family doctor told me that there is no such thing as an "essential" carbohydrate. Fats and Protein are "essential" to life and good health but carbs are not...! So occasionally I eat a little salad or green beans, turnip greens or stuff like that but I do not eat veggies every day. I'm not saying that everyone needs to narrow their diet down like I have, but it works for me. I just gradually quit eating anything containing carbs until I no longer crave them. My blood numbers have improved tremendously and I remain in good health. My Cardiologist tells me I will not die of heart problems and will live to be 105...!!! I'M GOING TO HOLD HIM RESPONSIBLE AND HAUNT HIM THROUGHOUT ETERNITY :-) IF HE IS WRONG. Keep up the good effort. You will reach your goals.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comment.